- 1 cup Edmonds Self Raising Flour (150g)
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup Soft Brown Sugar (100g)
- 80g Butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup Milk (125ml)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Vanilla ice cream or cream, to serve
- ¾ cup Soft Brown Sugar (150g)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 ¼ cups boiling water (313ml)
Preheat oven to 180°C bake (160°C fan-forced). Grease a 6-cup capacity ovenproof baking dish.
Sift Self Raising Flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in the Soft Brown Sugar.
Whisk Butter, Milk and egg in a jug. Slowly add to flour mixture, stirring until well combined and smooth. Spoon into baking dish and smooth the top.
Combine the Soft Brown Sugar and cocoa and sprinkle over the pudding. Slowly pour the boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover pudding. Place dish onto a baking tray and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until pudding bounces back when pressed gently in the centre.
Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or cream.